Batlin is a storyteller and author from Boulder,
Colorado where she has lived for over half of her life.
She tells stories filled with wisdom and mirth for all
ages in schools, libraries, festivals, museums, senior
centers, summer camps, birthday parties, and other events.
Her living history presentations of important women characters
from Colorado history bring them to life. Her repertoire
is also filled with multicultural folktales from around
the world such as Asian stories, animal stories, ghost
stories, Jewish folktales, nature stories, puppets, etc.
Linda has had the good fortune to trek, travel and climb
in many parts of the world, many of them quite remote
and exotic. Along the way she has collected folktales
from the places she has visited. Please see the Programs
Available page for programs she has created about some
of the more unusual trips. Linda will tailor a program
to fit your needs.
She is a contributing author to the books "Chili
Today, Hot Tamale, and Other Tummy Tales" and "Ole!
Posole! and Other Tummy Tales".
- Linda is a member of the storytelling troupe The
Traveling Rainbow Tellers.
- She is an organizer of the Winter Festival of Stories
at the Boulder Public Library each year.
- She is the Co-President of the Rocky Mountain Storytellers
Guild, a position she has held for several years.
- She is a member of the National Storytelling Network.
- She has served on the Board of the Rocky Mountain
Storytellers Conference for four years.
Linda has told stories in numerous schools and libraries
all over Colorado. Some of the many other venues where
she has told are the following:
- Colorado Chautauqua Association in Boulder, CO
- Rocky Mountain Nature Association
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Cloud Ridge Naturalists
- Greeley Museums
- Aurora History Museum
- Hiwan Homestead House, Evergreen
- Astor House Museum, Golden
- Estes Park Museum
- Fort Collins Museum
- Four Mile Historic Park
- Temple Emanuel in Denver
- Town Hall Arts Center of Littleton
- Rocky Mountain Storytellers Conference – several
- Winter Festival of Stories – several years
- Rocky Mountain Storytelling Festival
- Telabration Celebration in Sedona, AZ
- Senior Centers
- KGNU Radio – several times
- KRFC Radio
- Teens at Risk Project - working with troubled youth
in a variety of institutions.